1/2 Photos of Baked Butternut Squash, Raisin and Pine Nut Lasagna
1 hr 10 mins
This was one of my favorite Weight Watchers recipes and a nice variation on the standard red sauce lasagna. It is creamy and a bit sweet from the squash and raisins and oh so satifying. As presented here, it is a bit higher in points than the original (7 versus 6 points) but I think is a more appealing, creamier dish. Whether you are doing WW or not, you'll enjoy this one. I've also added 1/2 cup of part-skim ricotta (4 points total) to the middle layer at times with good success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 -3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- 10 ounces dry lasagna noodles, cooked al dente (about 12 noodles)
- 16 ounces cooked winter squash, mashed
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup golden seedless raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare lasagna noodles as directed on the package.
- 3To prepare the squash, peel and remove seeds, trimming into 1 or 2 inch cubes. Place in a pot of boiling water and cook until just tender. Remove water and mash by hand. (You can also do this in the microwave if you have one.)
- 4Place flour in a small saucepan over low to medium heat and very gradually whisk in milk and garlic. Warm milk slurry, stirring constantly, until sauce simmers and is thickened, about 3 minutes. (It will continue to thicken in the baking so don’t worry if it seems a bit thin at this stage.) Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.?.
- 5Spread 1/3 cup of cheese sauce over bottom of a 9 X 13-inch glass or metal pan and cover with 3 lasagna noodles; top with 1/3 of squash and 1/2 cup of cheese sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of raisins. Cover with 3 more lasagna noodles and spread with 1/3 of remaining squash and 2/3 cup of cheese sauce; sprinkle with 1/4 cup of raisins. Cover with 3 more lasagna noodles and top with remaining squash and raisins; cover with last 3 lasagna noodles, pressing sheets firmly down. Top with remaining cheese sauce; sprinkle with pine nuts and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 6Cover lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until lasagna bubbles around edges and is browned on top, about 15-20 additional minutes.
- 7Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Butternut Squash, Raisin and Pine Nut Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 391.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 22.0 g