Recipe by Rita~
I've been making something similar to this most of the fall! My Son has no idea it was butternut he thought he was eating pumpkin! Method for pureeing butternut Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!
- 4 cups pureed butternut squash or 4 cups pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 fresh nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (cooled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Butternut, Brown sugar, Evaporated milk, Eggs, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Dried Ginger,& Salt.
- Pour into a Pyrex Pan (8x8x2) inches that was sprayed with cooking spray (Pam).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip cream till it starts to thicken then add sugar till firm, fold in Crystallized ginger.
- Scoop warm or chilled pudding top with whipped cream and toasted pine nuts.