1 hr 10 mins
I've been making something similar to this most of the fall! My Son has no idea it was butternut he thought he was eating pumpkin! Method for pureeing butternut Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups pureed butternut squash or 4 cups pumpkin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 fresh nutmeg, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (cooled)
- 1Mix Butternut, Brown sugar, Evaporated milk, Eggs, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Dried Ginger,& Salt.
- 2Pour into a Pyrex Pan (8x8x2) inches that was sprayed with cooking spray (Pam).
- 3Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile whip cream till it starts to thicken then add sugar till firm, fold in Crystallized ginger.
- 5Scoop warm or chilled pudding top with whipped cream and toasted pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Butternut Squash Pudding Topped With Ginger Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.0
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 177.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: