1 hr 5 mins
Chef #401930's Note:
I wanted to avoid deep fat frying chicken wings, they are fatty enough! I couldn't find many baked wing recipies, so this is mostly a baking technique recipe rather than a wing and sauce recipe. These make a nice crisp wing perfect for parties and a smidge healthier than the usual fried wings.
My Private Note
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2If wings are not already cut into drummettes and wingtips, separate at the joint.
- 3Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and lay out pieces on the sheet, leaving a litte room between each piece.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove the sheet from the oven and drain off the fat and juice, as this will just make it smoke with continued cooking.
- 6Raise the heat of the oven to 425 degrees.
- 7Bake the wings for 40 minutes, flipping the pieces over halfway through.
- 8After they are done, immediately toss the pieces in 1 cup of barbecue sauce or other sauce for coating ie: buffalo sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey, etc.
- 9Transfer to a plate and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Buffalo Wings
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.7
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 262.1 mg
- Sodium 757.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 63.5 g