Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wanted to avoid deep fat frying chicken wings, they are fatty enough! I couldn't find many baked wing recipies, so this is mostly a baking technique recipe rather than a wing and sauce recipe. These make a nice crisp wing perfect for parties and a smidge healthier than the usual fried wings.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If wings are not already cut into drummettes and wingtips, separate at the joint.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and lay out pieces on the sheet, leaving a litte room between each piece.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and drain off the fat and juice, as this will just make it smoke with continued cooking.
- Raise the heat of the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake the wings for 40 minutes, flipping the pieces over halfway through.
- After they are done, immediately toss the pieces in 1 cup of barbecue sauce or other sauce for coating ie: buffalo sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey, etc.
- Transfer to a plate and serve.