Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I often take these for potlucks or parties. People always love them.
Make and share this Baked Beans With Ground Beef and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 5 slices bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained (I sometimes substitute butter beans)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- Saute bacon, onion, celery and ground beef.
- Drain off grease and add rest of ingredients.
- Pour into large casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, uncovered.
Okay dish. No need to bake for so long, everything is already cooked. Just heat through and use the rest of your time for...well, whatever
Very good! I used turkey bacon and ground turkey since I had a friend who does not eat pork or beef.
This was very good! It was so easy to put together, and was a hit with the whole family. It was very sweet, and the flavor from the bacon really made it rich-tasting. Thanks Lainey!