Recipe by Sydney Mike
Back in the days when I was cooking a lot with wine & mixers & cordials, etc, I squirreled away my version of baked beans. Today it resurfaced, & here it is! I usually use a version of B&M baked beans. The onion soup mix is 1/2 of a 1-oz envelope.
Top Review by weekend cooker
A nice recipe for a cool night. I also used Grand Marnier and thought the flavor was light, but just right. Enough that it was not overpowering. Very easy to throw together on a cool night. A nice change for baked beans. Great dish !! Made for Zaar Stars.
- 1 lb hot dog, lean
- 2 lbs baked beans, canned
- 1⁄2 ounce onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons orange Curacao
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- At an angle, cut weiners into 1/2" slices.
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 of the weiner slices, beans, soup mix, sugar, water, mustard, catsup & curacao together and pour into a baking dish.
- Arrange the rest of the weiner slices on top of the beans & push them down slightly, making them even with the top of the beans.
- Bake for 60 minutes & enjoy!