1/1 Photo of Baked Bean and Sausage Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
This is probably one of the easiest dinner meals to make and as a kid i absolutely loved this dish (many fond memories!). It can easily be prepared ahead and placed in the fridge ready to go to put in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 3Drain potatoes before returning them to the pot over a high heat. Toss for a few moments to evaporate any excess water.
- 4Add the milk and butter to the pan and mash potatoes until smooth. Cover with a lid and set aside.
- 5Heat a little oil in a large fry-pan. Add the sausages and fry, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- 6When sausages are cool enough to handle cut sausages into 3cm lengths.
- 7In a large casserole dish, mix together the sausages and baked beans until well combined. Spread the mash potatoes evenly over the top of the baked bean mixture. Top with cheese.
- 8Bake, uncovered, for about half an hour or until the cheese has melted and the casserole has heated through.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Bean and Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (839 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 930.1
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 2548.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 42.0 g