Recipe by FrVanilla
I love baked oatmeal and make many different versions, but this is one of my kids favorites. It is really easy to throw together and smells so good. We like to eat it topped with vanilla yogurt.
- 2 cups rolled oats or 2 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beat
- 2 -3 bananas (1 mashed and 1 or 2 sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add sugar, an egg, 1 mashed banana, milk and vanilla. Stir just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with a layer of sliced bananas.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with brown sugar and broil until golden. About 3-4 minutes, but watch it carefully!