Prep 5 mins
Cook 29 mins
I love baked oatmeal and make many different versions, but this is one of my kids favorites. It is really easy to throw together and smells so good. We like to eat it topped with vanilla yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add sugar, an egg, 1 mashed banana, milk and vanilla. Stir just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with a layer of sliced bananas.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with brown sugar and broil until golden. About 3-4 minutes, but watch it carefully!
I doubled the recipe an added cocoa powder to it. AMAZING! Next time I will make it without the cocoa powder and save that for colder months.
I made this recipe today for breakfast. It was like a hug in a bowl. Excellent. I am trying to incorporate oatmeal into my diet and it will be easy with recipes like this. I followed the directions as written and added chopped pecans before baking. Some might like a little less sugar because the bananas are so sweet. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!