Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here's one to add to your bake sale repertoire--and they'll be just enough different [but still the same thing] to get the kids curious, and good enough that they'll sell like "hot cakes!" Save a couple for the home-folks, because you won't be bringing any home when you take these to the potluck or family reunion picnic! I use two bowls (recycle the first one) so I have everything ready to pour and mix--goes much quicker and no wasting time to measure when the stuff is hot! Again, the gals at Taste of Home get all the credit--Aug/Sep '09.
- 1 (10 ounce) package large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 3⁄4 cup instant malted milk powder
Reuse Bowl One
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1⁄4 cup instant malted milk powder
Over The Top
- 3 cups malted milk balls (whole)
- Spray a 13x9 pan or grease with extra butter; set aside.
- Microwave Bowl One ingredients (or use a Dutch Oven on the stove-top); pour over Bowl Two ingredients; stir to coat well.
- Press marshmallow-cereal mixture into prepped pan; set aside.
- Reuse the first bowl, melt the chocolate chips ONLY, when soft stir, then add the malt powder; spread over pan ingredients.
- Top with remaining malted milk balls.
- Set aside (I mean: HIDE THIS PAN) until firmly set; then cut into reasonable sized-squares--about 3 inches square should leave everyone feeling satisfied!
What a winner, everyone loved them thanks for a new twist on an easy slice..........chris