Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This is garlicky and served over pasta such as rigatoni! A nice change from red (marinara) sauce.
Top Review by mianbao
This is definitely not the same old boring pasta. While not at all a diet food, the combination of strong flavors is wonderful. It is also easy to make. I made half of the recipe, and the small can of anchovies I had was perfect for this amount. There is quite a lot of olive oil in this, and I suppose it would be possible to cut down without losing the flavor. Or you could dip your bread in the olive oil on your plate. I am so glad I tried this. Thank you for posting the recipe.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 bunches fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 6 -8 anchovies packed in oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (if you want it extra hot) (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rigatoni according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine remaining ingredients (except Parmesan cheese) in a blender or food processor and process to form a paste.
- Pour paste into a large skillet and cook 4-5 minutes.
- When pasta is done, reserve 1/2 cup cooking water and add to skillet.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet.
- Add cheese, stirring well until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.