8 hrs 10 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Remember Capri-Sun, the drinks in a bag? They were all the rage when I was in school! We used to stick them in the freezer and make slush out of them at home and by lunch, they were thawed and cold and you were the bomb! Now, you can make a better-for-you version!! Your kids will love you! The special equipment for this recipe you will need are: 6 pint-sized freezer bags and 6 drinking straws cut to fit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) cans orange juice concentrate (any juice concentrate will work)
- water (the amount called for on each can)
- 1Mix together the concentrates and water.
- 2Divide among the six freezer bags and zip. Place in the freezer overnight or until firm. Tape the straws to the front.
- 3Allow to thaw 2-3 hours before serving to make slushy.
- 4These will also keep other lunchbox foods cold until lunch.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bagged Coolers (Just Like Capri-Sun!) Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 53.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g