Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Remember Capri-Sun, the drinks in a bag? They were all the rage when I was in school! We used to stick them in the freezer and make slush out of them at home and by lunch, they were thawed and cold and you were the bomb! Now, you can make a better-for-you version!! Your kids will love you! The special equipment for this recipe you will need are: 6 pint-sized freezer bags and 6 drinking straws cut to fit.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans orange juice concentrate (any juice concentrate will work)
- water (the amount called for on each can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the concentrates and water.
- Divide among the six freezer bags and zip. Place in the freezer overnight or until firm. Tape the straws to the front.
- Allow to thaw 2-3 hours before serving to make slushy.
- These will also keep other lunchbox foods cold until lunch.