Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Drain and change water from almonds.
- Peel almonds, keep aside.
- Wash once more, to remove any traces of brownishness.
- Grind to a fine paste, using as little milk as possible.
- In a heavy large skillet, mix paste and sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, using a large handled spoon or spatula.
- Take care of splattering in initial stages.
- Also, do not stop stirring, or the mixture burnt and stuck to bottom of skillet will spoil the taste.
- When a soft lump is form, which leaves sides of skillet easily, take off fire.
- Grease a clean work surface and a rolling pin with melted ghee.
- Put lump on it, roll quickly while still warm, to 1/5" thickness.
- Apply silver foil, and press lightly with foil paper.
- Mark out long diamond shapes with a sharp knife.
- When almost cool, remove carefully with a sharp edged wide spatula.
- Cool completely before storing in layers between sheets of butter paper.