Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Can't remember which magazine I found this in but it was credited to Debbie Hull and Carolyn Hultman. It's a wonderful appetizer.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 slices bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- Soak 36 toothpicks in water for 30 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine juices, soy sauce and brown sugar. Add pineapple, cover and chill 30 minutes. Drain pineapple, discarding marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Wrap each pineapple chunk with 1/3 slice bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 30-35 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Serve warm.
these were a hit at New Years! We thought it was a good flavour combination....even the skeptics liked them in the end!
OUTSTANDING! I am making these for the 2nd time in 48 hours. Once for a side dish for Thanksgiving dinner and now for a tailgait party. These are absolutely amazing and 100% addictive. You will not be sorry you tried these. One recommendation - I have cut the bacon into thirds both times, but am not real happy with that. I think I would prefer to buy 2 packages of bacon, cut into only halves, and wrap around the pineapple more. Perhaps my pineapple chunks were just too big (I used fresh and cut myself), but I think it would be better to wrap the pineapple more. Just my thought. This is a keeper!