Recipe by Charmie777
This is such a tasty side dish!!!! I love it with beef, but have made it with everything. Although it's a little time-consuming at the beginning, they are really very easy to make. You can wrap the beans ahead and keep in the refrigerator until ready to broil.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans (WHOLE style)
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar (approximately)
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Pour drained green beans into large bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cut each bacon slice into 3 equal portions.
- Wrap 6-8 beans with bacon piece, securing with toothpick.
- Place on broiler pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with some of the brown sugar.
- Broil until sugar melts and bacon browns.
- Turn bundles over and sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
- Broil until brown and bubbly.