Recipe by Charlotte J
For the microwave.
Top Review by leslie_auman
The CURRENT recipe will charcoal your appetizer into a smoking inedible lump of coal and should be removed from this site or at the very least, serve as a warning to others. If you cook bacon in the microwave on high for 6 minutes as indicated here, you will have a burnt stone of an appetizer. Instead, wrap the almond-stuffed date in a 1/3 length of thick sliced bacon and skewer with toothpick. Place in casserole dish and bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes (depending on thickness of bacon) at 375 degrees. Drain and cool on wire rack.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each bacon slice in half crosswise.
- Place bacon on paper toweling on a microwave-safe plate, cover with another paper towel.
- Microwave on high 4 minutes.
- Roll up each date in a piece of bacon, place bacon-wrapped dates on clean toweling on microwave-safe plate, cover with another paper towel.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes, until bacon is crisp.
- Serve hot.