For the microwave.
Make and share this Bacon-Wrapped Dates recipe from Food.com.
- Cut each bacon slice in half crosswise.
- Place bacon on paper toweling on a microwave-safe plate, cover with another paper towel.
- Microwave on high 4 minutes.
- Roll up each date in a piece of bacon, place bacon-wrapped dates on clean toweling on microwave-safe plate, cover with another paper towel.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes, until bacon is crisp.
- Serve hot.
The CURRENT recipe will charcoal your appetizer into a smoking inedible lump of coal and should be removed from this site or at the very least, serve as a warning to others. If you cook bacon in the microwave on high for 6 minutes as indicated here, you will have a burnt stone of an appetizer. Instead, wrap the almond-stuffed date in a 1/3 length of thick sliced bacon and skewer with toothpick. Place in casserole dish and bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes (depending on thickness of bacon) at 375 degrees. Drain and cool on wire rack.
Ive always made these bacon wrapped dates in the oven, I wanted to try them in the microwave, turn out very very well. I found the difference between oven baked and mircowaved is the toothpick doesnt get as messy looking and takes alot less time and mess. The bacon slices took 3 minutes on high and then microwaved 1 minute. Thanks for a different twist on an old favorite!!