Blue Cheese and Pecan Stuffed Dates
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 2 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese (light or fat free are fine)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 24 pitted dates
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to drain on paper towels, reserving 1/2 teaspoon bacon grease in skillet.
- Add onion and cook over medium heat until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add orange juice and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until liquid is evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer onion to a medium bowl and let cool.
- Crumble bacon into the onions. Add cheeses and half of the pecans. Stir well to combine.
- Stuff each date with a heaping teaspoon of the mixture and top with remaining pecans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sweet and savory! you cannot go wrong. Who ever developed this recipe is brilliant. Taking 2 ingredients ie ( blue cheese and dates) that most people are not to crazy about and putting them together to make these delectable babies! I loved them and so did my guest. They are splendid with red wine. stop thinking about it and just make em already.
Wow!! I made these this evening as part of a finger food, nibbles party. I hade my sister, hubby and niece all say what a combination of flavours, that is going to be gross. No way!! once they all tried it they said I never thought that would work but that is truly delicious. All my guests, that loved dates, have praised this combo all the way. This to me is a truly unique way to serve dates but totally delicious. What can I say these flavours just work and work well..I even wondered how this would turn out myself, but it is truly inspried, thanks for sharing such a fab recipe.. :)
see 1 more reviews