Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a recipe card I got at the grocery store, a wonderful grilled seafood treat!
Make and share this Bacon Wrapped Citrus Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- Cut each bacon slice in half. Cook over medium heat 5-6 minutes.
- Wrap each scallop in a bacon piece.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring syrup to a boil. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes, until reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, orange juice, and orange peel and stir until butter is melted and mixture is combined.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Heat grill to a medium-high heat (350-400 degrees).
- Using 6 skewers, thread 4 wrapped scallops onto each skewer (if using wooden, soak in water for about 30 minutes first). Brush syrup mixture over scallops.
- Grill scallops for 4-6 minutes, turning once or twice, until scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp.
Delicious! I added a bit more orange zest and loved it. I grilled on a charcoal grill, and I'm afraid my bacon got a little brown, but the end result was spectacular. I'll be making this again. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2014.
These scallops are very good! The family gobbled them up in no time flat. It is truly a sweet & savory meal, however it is time consuming to wrap all of the scallops in bacon, so I would suggest doing that step in advance. I also used toothpicks to hold the bacon on to the scallop and since I didn't have skewers, I just grilled them as is. Made for Photo tag.