Recipe by loof
From a recipe card I got at the grocery store, a wonderful grilled seafood treat!
Top Review by breezermom
Delicious! I added a bit more orange zest and loved it. I grilled on a charcoal grill, and I'm afraid my bacon got a little brown, but the end result was spectacular. I'll be making this again. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 12 slices bacon
- 24 large sea scallops
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons orange juice (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each bacon slice in half. Cook over medium heat 5-6 minutes.
- Wrap each scallop in a bacon piece.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring syrup to a boil. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes, until reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, orange juice, and orange peel and stir until butter is melted and mixture is combined.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Heat grill to a medium-high heat (350-400 degrees).
- Using 6 skewers, thread 4 wrapped scallops onto each skewer (if using wooden, soak in water for about 30 minutes first). Brush syrup mixture over scallops.
- Grill scallops for 4-6 minutes, turning once or twice, until scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp.