Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Charlotte cookbook 1969
- 10 slices bread
- 15 slices bacon
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup, can
- 33 wooden toothpicks
- take crust off bread. cut into 3 strips.
- generously spread undiluted soup on each strip ( it will not take whole can).
- cut bacon in half, place half a strip of bacon under each bread strip, soup side away from bacon.
- wrap up bacon side out, soup side inches secure with toothpicks.
- place the wraps on a cookie sheet.
- bake at 300 for one hour. can be made a day ahead.