Recipe by VO
The way my Mamma used to make it. This is tasty 3 days later - but it NEVER lasts that long!!
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup white popcorn
- pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning or 1 tablespoon southwest seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving the grease.
- Heat your pan on high for 4 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of bacon grease to the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium high.
- Wait half a minute then add the popcorn, shaking the pan so the kernels are coated.
- Put the lid on.
- When the popcorn starts popping, gently shake the pan till the popping slows to one pop every 5 seconds.
- Immediately pour into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with crushed up bacon (some or all).
- Sprinkle with salt, Cajun or southwestern seasoning, and pepper.
- Shake well to distribute bacon and spices.
- I bet you can't eat just a little!