Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
These make great burgers! The beef is simple but the filling is rich and flavorful! Serve with your favorite toppings and buns!
- 2 slices bacon
- 3⁄4 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Cool and crumble into a bowl. Stir in the Gouda cheese, parsley, and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Place the ground beef into a mixing bowl with the bread crumbs, egg, chopped garlic, and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Mix until evenly blended, and form into 4 very thin patties.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the patties are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 3 minutes per side for well done. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160°F (70°C). Divide the Gouda cheese filling between two of the patties, then place the remaining patties on top. Place the burgers onto a cooler part of the grill and heat until the cheese melts. Serve on hamburger buns with topping of your liking.