Recipe by Dad's Cooking, OH NO
This is my attempt at a copy of the "Arches" breakfast sandwich. My son always requests this on our day off together and when my wife is off on Saturdays she looks for it too.
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bacon (I use turkey)
- 1 slice cheese (which ever you like)
- 1 bagel (I use plain)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I do all of this on an electric skillet which makes it quick and easy. Set the skillet to about 300 degrees F.
- Cook bacon on the side of skillet closest to electric plug. (this is hottest side).
- Crack egg into cup and pour about a tbsp of milk into the egg, add pepper if you like.
- Beat the egg/milk until it is uniform.
- Pour onto other side of the skillet.
- Allow it to cook until the top is solid enough to flip, then flip to other side.
- Place bagel into toaster. (I like to time it so that the bagel gets done when the egg does so that I can put the cheese on the bagel and put the egg on top of it to melt the cheese.).
- Place bacon on top of egg.
- Mix Mayo and mustard in a 2 to 1 ratio. I use 2 tsp Mayo to 1 tsp mustard. I also add pepper to it and mix.
- Spread onto bagel and enjoy.