Another one from the Penzey's Spices catalog. A great way to use that stale bread. I like to add a diced, sauteed onion to this.
- Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish and set aside.
- Fry the bacon, drain on paper toweling, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cube the bread into 3/4 inch pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the milk, mustard powder, salt, and blend well.
- Stir in the bacon, cheese, and bread cubes.
- Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for one hour.