Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a lower fat version I created so my husband can still enjoy our favorite breakfast while not feeling guilty. The fresh chives make all the difference when you take out the fat, don't use dried.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup light cheddar cheese (I recommend Cabot 50% light)
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, chives, cheese and bacon. In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients. Mix wet ingredients into dry, just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.