Recipe by ethical.activist
This is the butty from my childhood in Lancashire. It's basic and I love it. It reflects the extreme poverty of my grandparents' early lives. All were born around 1914. I use much more bacon--they would have barely covered the bread. They didn't have much, but what they had was tasty. I hope to post more olde recipes soon.
- 5 slices bacon (streaky kind)
- 2 slices bread, thick (homemade bread is best, soft bakery bread is good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat pan to med-low.
- Fry bacon on med-low heat in a non-stick pan(don't use any fat,the bacon will produce enough) be careful that the bacon doesn't stick at first,turn only enough to ensure bacon is fully cooked.
- Bacon should be soft and cooked through.
- Drain bacon lightly(you need a little fat to make butty as there is no butter in this recipe).
- Place bacon on bread (fat helps to make butty soft and tasty, butty should never be soggy).
- Put other slice of bread on top.
- Eat when hot and soft!
- Be sure to make with love, that makes all the difference!