Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Re-created this from the TOH "Country Chicken" cookbook. Robustly flavored, yet elegant enough for a special dinner with guests. Serve with a spinach salad to round out the vitamins!
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 8 chicken thighs or 8 chicken drumsticks or 1 fryer, cut into pieces
- 2 cups chunky bleu cheese salad dressing, divided
- 6 -8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pulverize onion, parsley & basil in food chopper or blender; pour onto a plate.
- Rub each chicken piece with the onion-mixture; place in an UNgreased 13x9 pan.
- Drizzle one cup salad dressing over chicken pieces.
- Bake UNcovered for 40 minutes; baste with sauce, then add remaining salad dressing.
- Return to oven for 5-10 minutes (juices should run clear).
- Move chicken to serving platter; use a whisk to smooth out the sauce in the pan, pour sauce over chicken, then sprinkle with bacon crumbles.