Recipe by mary winecoff
From Cusine at home, August 2011. Bacon, zucchini, corn, pine nuts and pasta. A great summer meal.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Really enjoyed this excellent and quickly made supper dish. I followed the recipe, but used penne rather than farfalle, and added in some sliced mushrooms. Simple and delicious, ideal after a long day at work when you want supper on the table quickly. Loved the addition of pinenuts :) This super dish was made for I Recommend tag game, thank you Mary!
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 4 slices thick sliced bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh corn kernels (2 ears)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in a large pot of salted water. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Transfer bacon to plate and reserve 1 Tablespoon drippings.
- Saute zucchini and corn in the drippings in the same skillet until tender, 5-6 minutes. Add pasta to corn and zucchini in skillet.
- Stir in bacon, cream, basil and pine nuts. Add reserved pasta water, as needed to loosen sauce. Season with salt and pepper.