1/6 Photos of Bacon and Egg Empanadas
This recipe is different than empanadas I have seen here. This can also be made ahead of time and reheated later. *OAMC*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 (7 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated jumbo flakey biscuits
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Stir together the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until blended; stir in cheese.
- 3Melt butter in a 9 inch skillet over medium heat; add eggs and cook without stirring until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are slightly thickened but still moist. (Do NOT stir constantly).
- 4Remove from heat and let cool.
- 5Flatten each bisquit into about a 5 inch circle.
- 6Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the tops of dough circles, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges.
- 7Top evenly with eggs and bacon.
- 8Fold dough circles in half over mixture, pinching edges to seal.
- 9Place 2 inches apart in a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan coated with pam.
- 10Brush top of doughs evenly with egg white.
- 11Press sealed edges with the tines of a fork.
- 12Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 13Bake at 375 14-16 minutes until golden brown.
- 14Remove empanadas with a spatula onto a wire rack.
- 15Serve Warm.
- 16Leftovers store in a ziplock bag after completely cooled.
- 17To reheat wrap in paper towel and microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes.
- 18*These are good for OAMC*.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Egg Empanadas
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.5
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 162.9 mg
- Sodium 529.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: