Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
a good quick microwave method.
- 4 (6 ounce) baking potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup reduced- fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce shredded reduced fat-free sharp cheddar cheese, divided into the 4 potatoes
- 1 slice center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place potato pieces in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- cover bowl with plastic, and cut a 1 inch slit in the center of plastic wrap.
- Microwave 10 minutes, and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, and remaining ingredients to a bowl, and mash with a potato masher to desired consistancy.
So quick and easy and had a great flavor! Made with white cheddar since that is what was in the fridge, but left the rest of the ingredients as is. I didn't mash the potatoes too much, left them kind of chunky. Made for Zaar Stars.
Great pototoes weekend cooker. We really enjoyed this dish. It was quick and really easy to make with nice results. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing...except that I would remember to add the chives. The texture was perfect and the flavor spot on. Thanks for sharing a recipe that we really enjoyed and will make again.
I simplified this even further by using instant potato flakes - it's just too darn hot - and it worked out really well. I made only two portions but used two strips of bacon. I chopped the bacon and then fried it - I find this releases more of the fat. I did not add any salt, as the cheese and bacon added enough for our taste. I might not use the sour cream next time - I love sour cream in mashed potatoes, but for me this was almost too many flavors in the dish. I had never considered mixing bacon or cheese right into the mashed potatoes, great idea.