a good quick microwave method.
Make and share this Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) baking potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup reduced- fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce shredded reduced fat-free sharp cheddar cheese, divided into the 4 potatoes
- 1 slice center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place potato pieces in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- cover bowl with plastic, and cut a 1 inch slit in the center of plastic wrap.
- Microwave 10 minutes, and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, and remaining ingredients to a bowl, and mash with a potato masher to desired consistancy.