Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
This my Irish take on a French Classic. I love Quiche and I love the Irish favourite Bacon and Cabbage, so why not combine the two? Try it and see for yourself!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C Roll out the pastry to a 2mm thickness. Prepare your quiche tin by greasing with butter and flouring it.
- Line the quiche tin with the pastry allowing it to fall over the outside of the tin without trimming it.
- Chill this for half an hour.
- When the pastry case is chilled, prick the base with a fork and bake blind in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 170C and take out the pastry case. Remove the baking beans and parchment paper.
- Return the cases to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Leave in the tins and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together until thoroughly combined and season with salt and pepper. Mix in the parsley.
- Place the bacon and cabbage on the base of the pastry case and fill to the brim with the egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the mixture has set and is golden brown on top.
- 1Trim off the excess pastry. Transfer the quiche to a wire rack and allow to cool before serving with some salad.