Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, cheap and tasty meal. Just right for a bachelor. I created this while single and living in Virginia.
- First, cut the keilbasa into 1/2 inch thick medalions.
- Heat a medium sized skillet to medium to medium high heat and melt enough butter to just cover the bottom.
- Add the keilbasa and garlic.
- Once the keilbasa starts to brown on one side, add enough beer to just cover the bottom.
- Turn the keilbasa and cook on the other side.
- Now it becomes a matter of personal taste and trial and error.
- I keep adding beer and garlic to taste, the thing you are really looking for is for the beer/butter/garic to caramalize.
- When done, transfer to a plate and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Drink the rest of the beer with your meal.
Quick! Sign up for this sausage boot camp on Boots Lane. Our next exercise is what to do with the leftover beer!
I am so impressed! So was my family! Any bachelor who could serve up this lip-smacking dish wins my respect (and I've been married for 26 years). I had only one turkey kielbasa, so used 2 more chicken sausages to serve 3 of us. I used about 1/2 can of Bud Light and 3 garlic cloves, but skipped the cheese on top. Carmelizing took some time, but I kept busy with my side dishes while the sauce cooked down. Looking forward to some more of your recipes, Boots! MERP'd for Bargain Basement tag.