Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this one on wholesomebabyfood.com and posted it here for safe keeping. These fries bake up soft and delicious with the addition of cinnamon and brown sugar. The little ones can't keep their hands off of them! They are recommended for babies that are 6 months and older, but they also advise speaking to your pediatrician before starting your baby on solids. Also, remember to follow the RULE OF FOUR (wait 4 days after introducing new foods) and make sure your baby has had no allergic reactions to any of the foods in this recipe before serving it!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Scrub sweet potatoes, clean and/or peel them if baby cannot handle the skins.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into into strips that you may then cut down after baking.
- In a large bowl, add about 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Toss the cut up sweet potatoes into the bowl and stir so that the potatoes are drenched with the olive oil mix.
- Dump mixture onto a baking sheet and drizzle the remaining olive oil in the bowl over the potatoes on the baking sheet and swirl and stir them so they're all covered and the olive oil is spread out on the tray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for approx 30-45minutes or until tender.
- The skins may become crispy but the actual potato "meat" will not. They will be a bit mushy like. These will not look or bake up like regular white potato French Fries so don't be alarmed.