Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My son LOVES these! I found it on wholesomebabyfood.com and I am posting it here for safe keeping. These are really simple to make, don't cost a lot and kids will inhale them! They are recommended for babies that are 6 months and older, but they also advise speaking to your pediatrician before starting your baby on solids. Also, remember to follow the RULE OF FOUR (wait 4 days after introducing new foods) and make sure your baby has had no allergic reactions to any of the foods in this recipe before serving it!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used store bought crumbs but you could probably use homemade)
- 1 1⁄2 cups real cheddar cheese, shredded (avoid using processed cheese food)
- 3 large eggs (check with your pediatrician before feeding eggs to a baby under 1 year or see note at end of recipe) or 5 egg yolks (check with your pediatrician before feeding eggs to a baby under 1 year or see note at end of recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Before mixing, add seasonings if you like - garlic powder, pepper, basil & oregano for example.
- Shape mixture into nuggets or fun shapes such as squares or squigglies etc.and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning nuggets over after 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Be sure to crumble these if your baby needs.
- (Note: If your baby cannot have eggs, you can substitute a jar of vegetable puree. Carrot works well).
- These may also be frozen for up to a week. Reheat in oven the same way you prepared them and allow plenty of time to cool before serving them to your little one.