The classic chicken salad can be bolstered with any number of seasonings from curry powder or mustard to harissa. To turn these two-bite snacks into mini sandwiches, cut the brioche rolls in half, mound the chicken salad, tomato and bacon inside and secure with toothpicks.
My Private Note
Hors d' ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices apple-smoked bacon
- 16 small brioche rolls (about 2 inches)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 32 leaves flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (the real stuff, not the bottled kind)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch dice (from a rotisserie chicken, skin & bones removed)
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- hot pepper sauce (we use Pickapeppa sauce) (optional)
- 2 small plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices (16 slices)
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2In a large skillet cook the bacon over moderate heat until browned and crisp all over, about 5 minutes.
- 3Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain; cut each slice into 4 pieces.
- 4Using a pairing knife, cut a 1" round plug out of the top of each brioche roll.
- 5Carefully hollow out the rolls; set the rolls on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven to refresh them, about 5 minutes.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, shallot, minced parsley and lemon juice.
- 7Stir in the diced chicken and season the salad with salt and pepper and if you want - here is where you should add your hot sauce - about 5 minute.
- 8Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chicken salad into each brioche roll, garnish with parsley leaves and cover with a tomato slice; then garnish with bacon.
- 9**The chicken salad can be prepared up to 2 days in advance; cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Brioches With Chicken Salad & Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 66.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
flat leaf parsley