Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The classic chicken salad can be bolstered with any number of seasonings from curry powder or mustard to harissa. To turn these two-bite snacks into mini sandwiches, cut the brioche rolls in half, mound the chicken salad, tomato and bacon inside and secure with toothpicks.
- 3 slices apple-smoked bacon
- 16 small brioche rolls (about 2 inches)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 1⁄2 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 32 leaves flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (the real stuff, not the bottled kind)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch dice (from a rotisserie chicken, skin & bones removed)
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- hot pepper sauce (we use Pickapeppa sauce) (optional)
- 2 small plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices (16 slices)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon over moderate heat until browned and crisp all over, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain; cut each slice into 4 pieces.
- Using a pairing knife, cut a 1" round plug out of the top of each brioche roll.
- Carefully hollow out the rolls; set the rolls on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven to refresh them, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, shallot, minced parsley and lemon juice.
- Stir in the diced chicken and season the salad with salt and pepper and if you want - here is where you should add your hot sauce - about 5 minute.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chicken salad into each brioche roll, garnish with parsley leaves and cover with a tomato slice; then garnish with bacon.
- **The chicken salad can be prepared up to 2 days in advance; cover and refrigerate.