Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I played with this side dish til I had all the elements I like. You could even toss in linguine and chicken and have a complete entree.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 12 baby artichokes
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Peel artichokes down to softer inner leaves cut off bottom stem and dark greeen top, slice in half.
- They will turn a little brown.
- But do not worry.
- The color goes away when they cook.
- Throw in 5 quart pot add 4 qts water, 2 Tbl salt and lemon juice bring to boil, cook 4 minutes more.
- Heat skillet with oil add garlic and almonds, stir a few seconds.
- Add artichokes.
- Sprinkle salt, saute 5 minutes.
- Place in serving bowl, sprinkle parmigan cheese on top.
This is a difficult one to rate. I didn't follow the recipe exactly because it just didn't sound very exciting. However, the three stars come with what happened with the artichokes. They definitely did not get soft in 4 minutes of boiling water (and I know it was boiling). They also turned brown and stayed brown. I tried the suggestion with tossing it with linguine and chicken. That made a nice dish. The parmeasn (or romano because that is what I had in the freezer) gave it a nice flavor. Nice dish except for the very, very firm artichokes!