1/2 Photos of Baby Artichoke Carbonara
1 hr 5 mins
Chef Jean's Note:
Saw some cute baby artichokes in the store and came up with this for dinner.
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the water and lemon juice in a large bowl. Trim the stem and out layers of the artichokes, leaving only the yellow center of the artichokes.Trim the green tips off the top. Cut the artichokes in half and soak in the water mixture.
- 2Heat olive oil in large frying pan on med-high heat. At the same time bring water to boil to cook the spaghetti.
- 3Sautee the onions, garlic and bacon until the bacon is crispy. Add the artichokes (well drained) and lower heat to medium. Continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- 4Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente, drain and set aside.
- 5Whisk the eggs and cheese together.
- 6Once artichokes are tender add the pasta to the frying pan and stir. The stir in the egg mixture, continue to stir until the eggs are cooked.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baby Artichoke Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (1213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1028.8
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 226.9 mg
- Sodium 1399.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 42.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 54.3 g