Recipe by Chef Jean
Saw some cute baby artichokes in the store and came up with this for dinner.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This was very good. I followed the recipe as written except that I used canned artichokes, whole wheat pasta and added half-and-half to make a more creamy sauce. Everyone loved this except my very picky 8 year-old-son. He just couldn't wrap his little head around bacon in spaghetti. I will definitely be making this again...as I was told I have to by my husband. Thank you for another great recipe Chef Jean. Made for the Greek cookbook for team Tasty Testers during ZWT9.
- 15 baby artichokes
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the water and lemon juice in a large bowl. Trim the stem and out layers of the artichokes, leaving only the yellow center of the artichokes.Trim the green tips off the top. Cut the artichokes in half and soak in the water mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan on med-high heat. At the same time bring water to boil to cook the spaghetti.
- Sautee the onions, garlic and bacon until the bacon is crispy. Add the artichokes (well drained) and lower heat to medium. Continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and cheese together.
- Once artichokes are tender add the pasta to the frying pan and stir. The stir in the egg mixture, continue to stir until the eggs are cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.