Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my Great Grandmother's recipe and has been handed down 3 generations, it is a quick and easy way to have something nice after dinner when there isn't alot of time. Also a huge comfort food for me.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups boiling water
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together well and pour into a greased casserole dish.
- In a bowl put the next 4 ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into casserole dish on top of first ingredients, bake at 350 for half an hour.
This recipe is so SATISFYING!!! I loved everything about the flavor, the juicy plump raising, the sweet sauce, the warm moist bread. This is the best, simplest homemade desert I have ever made. Next time I will try a drizzle of rum once it has finished baking. It was even good the next night re-heated in the microwave. I definitely recommend this recipe. Thanks for sharing it!!!
This was very good. I may cut back on the nutmeg a little when I make it again. Yummy though!