Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine.
Make and share this Baba Ghanoush - Rachael Ray recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium eggplants (about 1 pound each)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (plus more for seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 pita bread, cut into wedges and warmed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Prick the eggplants all over with a fork and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, flipping once, until skin shrivels and flesh softens, about 35 minutes. Let cool, about a half-hour or so. Remove and discard the stems and skin. Cut eggplant into large chunks and drain any excess liquid.
- Using a food processor, puree the eggplant, parsley, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and add more lemon juice to taste.
- Transfer the baba ghanoush to a bowl, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and serve with the pita wedges for dipping.
- Prep time does not include time to cool eggplants.
Hits the spot!
This was excellent ! I doubled the garlic because my DH loves double the garlic in ANY thing. I processed it first for about 30 seconds. I washed the cilantro and put it through the salad spinner, blotted with paper towels and added to the garic and processed them together for another 30 seconds and then I added all the other ingredients except salt. We are putting this one in the Faves book. Thanks !
that's the good stuff.