Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A fabulous combination of heat and sweet makes this chilli and chocolate glazed pork a real winner. And, this Sophie Grigson recipe uses a very cheap cut of pork, so it makes a very economical meal; however, the unusual and exciting flavours would make this a great dinner party dish. Serve with assorted stir-fried vegetables, relishes and sauteed potatoes. The Aztec's were famous for using chocolate in their cooking, both savoury and sweet - and the addition of a good quality chocolate adds a deep and delicious dimension to this humble cut of belly pork.
- Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Season the pork, lay it on a rack in a roasting pan, and then roast it in the hot oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, blend the chillies and honey together in a food processor.
- Add the melted chocolate and process again to mix.
- Remove the pork from the oven and drain off the fat. Brush the meat generously all over with the chocolate glaze and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Serve on a bed of crisp stir-fried vegetables.