Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The masala tea is an excellent drink that you can enjoy in the cold winter days, as well as in the summer. The great blend of spices is not only very tasty but can be used to ease the symptoms of cold and fly.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 inches piece cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 1⁄2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons black tea
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- Crush the spices in mortar and pestle and add them to the water.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the black tea. Boil for 30 seconds and add the milk.
- When the milk is boiled strain the tea and serve.
- Always drink it when it is hot.