Recipe by Abby Girl
Everyone has a favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but what intrigued about this recipe was that it had instant vanilla pudding mixed in it. Bet you can't eat just one!
Top Review by Chef amfox
I gave these 3 stars, not because they aren't good, but because they were just OK. I took them to a church event and there was an overwhelming consensus that they all preferred the classic chocolate chip cookie without the instant pudding. I think that the cookie is good, but because it's different than what most are used to, it can disappoint when people are expecting the classic.
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
- Yield: 72 servings (Serving size: 6 dozen).