Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can't remember how many times I've made this but it's always a favourite with my church friends. Saw this on a Japanese cooking show some years ago.
- Put the first 3 ingredients into a big serving bowl.
- Mix vinegar, sugar and soy sauce in a measuring cup until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Pour the mixture into the avocado mixture and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Using a small saucepan, heat the sesame seed oil together with the chilli pepper until it 'smokes'.
- Remove and pour this over the avocado mixture.
Excellent. We ate it for lunch on its own as a cold soup.<br/>I used canned tomatoes which were just fine, and malt vinegar.<br/>Delish.
We really liked this! I wasn't sure how to serve it so I put some fresh baby spinach in a bowl then some warm brown rice and then this salad on top. Worked out really well that way. Will make again and again as a nice light summer treat! Thanks for the great recipe.....
This recipe was delicious. I made a few adjustments but the ingredients go so well together. I used 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and 2 packets of sugar substitute (truvia). Thanks so much for posting this recipe!