Recipe by RubberDucky AU
An economical, tasty, easy and versatile dish. I have made without avocado, and subbing bacon for ham, and it was delicious. From Family Circle's Delicious Quiches & Flans. To make it lower in saturated fats I use light cheese, light sour cream (or yoghurt/cornflour) and low fat milk. But here it is the way they wrote it.
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed
- 40 g butter, softened
- 80 g ham
- 4 large cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or lite)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (or lite substitute)
- 1⁄3 cup milk (or low fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to mod hot 210C/190C gas.
- Flatten bread with rolling pin, butter both sides, cut in half diagonally.
- Press into 23cm round pie plate to evenly cover base and sides.
- Bake 10 mins or until lightly browned and crisp. Do not overcook.
- Reduce oven to 180°C Arrange ham, tomatoes, avocado and cheese in cooked base.
- Combine eggs, sour cream and milk, mix well, pour over pie filling.
- Bake 30 mins or until filling is lightly browned and set.