Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Avocado Raita is the Indian version of guacamole and tastes yummy with just about anything you serve it with. Turn up the heat by adding more red chilli powder and chopped green chillies! I got this recipe from the internet. Enjoy!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 medium onion, chopped very fine
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped very fine
- 1 green chili, chopped very fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (replace with parsley if you dislike cilantro as much as I do)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup unsweetened plain yogurt, whisked smooth
- Remove the peel and seed from the avocados and put into a mixing bowl. Mash till almost smooth.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato, green chilli, all the spices and the lemon juice and chopped cilantro or parsley. Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Add the yogurt, salt to taste and stir to blend with avocado mixture.
- Chill well in refrigerator and serve.