Avocado Raita is the Indian version of guacamole and tastes yummy with just about anything you serve it with. Turn up the heat by adding more red chilli powder and chopped green chillies! I got this recipe from the internet. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 medium onion, chopped very fine
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped very fine
- 1 green chili, chopped very fine
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (replace with parsley if you dislike cilantro as much as I do)
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup unsweetened plain yogurt, whisked smooth
- 1Remove the peel and seed from the avocados and put into a mixing bowl. Mash till almost smooth.
- 2Add the chopped onion, tomato, green chilli, all the spices and the lemon juice and chopped cilantro or parsley. Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- 3Add the yogurt, salt to taste and stir to blend with avocado mixture.
- 4Chill well in refrigerator and serve.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Raita (Indian Guacamole!)
Serving Size: 1 (1083 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.8
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g