1/1 Photo of Avocado Omelet
I got this from an old friend. It is easy and quite good. Just make the omelet as you would normally with the diced avocado in the middle when you fold the omelet. Then pour the sauce over it. YUM! I added shredded pepper jack cheese like you would in a normal omelet. You could also use plain cheddar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or as desired)
- 1 dash pepper (or as desired)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- grated cheese, as desired (I used pepper jack but you could use any you desire)
- 1 small onion, diced (I used green onions, tops only but you could use regular onion if you prefer)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (or as desired, can also use the imitation bacon bits for vegetarian)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (can use more if desired)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (you could also just put these in the omelet instead of the sauce, however you prefer)
- 2 avocados
- 1In med. skillet cook onions, tomatoes, salt, pepper and chili powder in butter. Simmer several minutes or until onions are soft.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3While onions are simmering, peel avocados and reserve a few slices for garnish.
- 4Mash remaining avocados and add to the onion mixture. Simmer a few minutes to unite flavors.
- 5Serve the sauce in a small pitcher or gravy boat so that your guests & family can "pour it on.".
- 6Make the omelet from the omelet ingredients as you would a normal omelet with the diced avocado in the middle, and the cheese. Pour the sauce over the cooked omelet and enjoy. YUM!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.0
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 244.1 mg
- Sodium 684.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g