Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Time estimates include standing for 1 hour (not *you*.... the soup!) and chilling for 2. Recipe courtesy of the California Avocado Commission.
- 3 quarts milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 Hass avocadoes (about 6 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- sour cream, as needed for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, tarragon, and salt; bring to a simmer. (Do not boil).
- Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, puree avocado and lemon juice until smooth.
- When milk is ready, whisk in avocado mixture, then stir in cayenne.
- Chill at least 2 hours to marry flavors.
- To serve chilled, garnish 1 cup soup with a swirl of sour cream. To serve hot, heat 1 cup soup, garnish with a swirl of sour cream.