Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
Raw Vegans will definitely like this one. It's really tasty. I didn't follow the directions exact because I wanted to keep my tomatoes and avocado a little on the chunky side so I didn't add them until after the kale was massaged. I also cut back on the cayenne because neither my DH or I care for our food too hot or spicy. According to the recipe this is a good for your heart and cholesterol. I got the recipe from Gone Vegan.
- 1 head kale (shredded-I used the dinosaur)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 avocado (chopped-I used two)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or olive)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Removed the tough stems from the kale and then shred it. Now I am not sure how one would shred kale, so I cut it up by rolling the leaves and slicing them thin. This is called Chiffonade.
- Cut up the tomato in pieces. Remove the avocado from it's rind, discard the seed and cut it up in pieces.
- Now this is where I changed the recipe. I added the oil, lemon juice, salt and cayenne to the kale and massaged it for a few minutes to help break down the kale. Believe it or not it does actually tenderize the leaves. I don't like kale raw as a rule, but this I will eat. I liked that I left the tomato and avocado in pieces, I think I liked this texture better.
- If you want you can add all the ingredients together and massage it. It will be mushy, but this is up to you how you'd like it.
- That's it, you're done. Put it in a dish and eat. It's filling.
- Bon Appetit!