A classic and flavorful soup, originating in Greece.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir the milk and cornstarch together and beat in the egg yolks.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Bring the stock to boil in a 4 quart soup pot and add the rice.
- 4Cook, covered, until the rice is puffy and tender, about 25 min.
- 5Remove the soup from heat, add milk and egg mixture, stirring carefully.
- 6Continue to cook for a moment until all thickens.
- 7Remove from the heat again and add the butter, chopped parsley, lemon juice, and finely grated lemon peel.
- 8Note: the amount of lemon juice in this recipe has been halved from its original 1 cup amount.
- 9(An adopted recipe.)
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avgolemono Soup (Greek Egg-Lemon Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.3 mg
- Sodium 344.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of