Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from the local paper -- very satisfying snack. You could use mini Chips Ahoy instead of the Ritz Bits.
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups Ritz Bits mini peanut butter crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts and pretzels and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, combine the brown sugar, water, and nutmeg, and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer about 5 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and syrupy.
- Drizzle the mixture over the nut mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with foil and buttered.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Stir, spread onto another piece of foil and let cool.
- Break into small clusters and stir in Ritz Bits.
- Store in airtight container for up to 4 days.