Recipe by KitchenKelly
I made this up using all my favourite fall flavours, plus some rosemary because I love it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary (more or less depending on your taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium sized apples
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 X 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add lemon zest, oregano and rosemary to olive oil mixture.
- Rub olive oil mixture on pork (both sides).
- Place pork in the middle of baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut garlic cloves into peices and slit pork every few cm and insert into slit.
- Let pork sit 10-15 minutes while you prepare potatoes and apples.
- Scrub sweet potatoes, peel if desired (I leave skins on) and place in microwave dish with 1/2 cup water.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes then drain.
- Cut apples (make sure you do this last to prevent them browning) into wedges.
- Place sweet potatoes and apples around pork.
- Spray potatoes and apples with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on potatoes and apples.
- Bake in oven at 375 for about 40-45 minutes (a little less if you like it pink in the middle).
- Remove from oven and let pork sit 10-15 minutes before cutting.