Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes my mouth water... Oh, the Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette in Cranberry Avocado Salad W/Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette works well.
- 6 -8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- bottled vinaigrette dressing (Poppy Seed or Balsamic) or homemade vinaigrette dressing (Poppy Seed or Balsamic)
- On a large platter, combine the lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Drizzle generously with vinaigrette.
Oh my, what a salad! This is one of those recipes where all the parts look good, but the sum of the parts greatly exceeds your expectations. I used arugula, since that's what I had in the frig, homemade balsamic vinaigrette and halved the bacon. Use really fresh and flavorful pecans, they really make it. Not just for autumn, this is great anytime of year!
Delicious, with a very nice blend of flavors! I made this as written, but with orange flavored cranberries, and topped the salad with a homemade lime poppy seed dressing. Tagged on 02/11/13 for Best of 2012 game.
Delicious! I didn't have pears, so used apple and also roasted almonds. This did make a perfect light meal. I used veggie bacon that I coated with brown sugar and chili powder and baked in the oven for 10 minutes. Yum. Thanks!